Based on artificial intelligence and machine learning methods, the PaperDocAnalytics platform offers insights into solutions and problems in paper production.
Developers, process engineers and researchers can use PaperDocAnalytics to search for solutions to problems in paper production. The basis is the research database of the PTS and the VDP (Verband Deutscher Papierfabriken e.V.). In addition, the system also has access to patents from IPC D. The aim of the PaperDocAnalytics project is to set up a cognitive assistance system that provides quick and efficient recommendations for action in the event of process and quality deviations, thereby increasing the company’s effectiveness.
Unlike knowledge in the form of employees or data in individual companies, PaperDocAnalytics should be a sustainable solution that is fed from the knowledge of the entire industry, from manufacturers, suppliers and processors and is internationally networked. Using digital questionnaires or interactive solution portals, problem scenarios (e.g. when determining the causes of paper errors) can be evaluated using an artificial intelligence system.
In this online event you will learn how neural networks and deep learning can decisively improve the quality in the production process and how problem solving can be accelerated.
Register now for a free online event:
- Friday, October 28th, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Organizer: Papiertechnische Stiftung (PTS) & interface projects GmbH (www.intergator.de)
Register for our online event of free charge!
The trade fair will be held digitally for the first time from October 13 to 15, 2020. The RESSOURCETEX network will be present with a virtual stand and will present its members as well as projects in the field of thermoplastic composites.
The new format ‘ITHEC 2020 – Virtual Edition’ offers besides 43 lectures and keynote speeches 25 poster presentations. More than 50 exhibitors present their products virtually.
Further information and registration at ithec.de.
Master the challenges regarding the food law safety of paper, cardboard and tissue in contact with food with the knowledge gained from the PTS online workshop “Introduction to conformity work and quality assurance for paper, cardboard, cardboard and tissue for food contact”.
What can yout expect?
- Receive a well-founded knowledge base and tips for practical implementation in your company
- Familiarization with national and international legal regulations
- Information on sources of migrating substances, sampling, assessment and interpretation of test reports
- Calculation of substance transitions and compilation of the necessary examination spectrum for a declaration of no objection using practical examples
- Individual questions and problems from participants can be discussed with the event managers during the workshop and afterwards
The workshop is aimed at engineers, technical employees of paper manufacturers and converters, QM officers and employees, product managers, business development and marketing managers who work on topics such as declarations of conformity in daily practice or plan to do so in the future.
- Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Venue: Online workshop via MS Teams
- Consultation: The participation fee includes an individual consultation, during which the exercises and individual questions or problems can be addressed after the event.
- English version of the online workshop: We will also be offering this workshop in English in October
- Registration & prices: here
There are over 350 test methods for paper, cardboard and packaging, which of them are relevant and which best characterize my material? These and other detailed questions are answered in the 4-day “Testing of paper, cardboard and packaging” course on modern standard and special tests. Together with a basic introduction to the classification of materials, the identification of fibers, the preparation of samples and the implementation of test procedures, the course provides you with a practical and holistic insight!
- You can also expect a varied practical part:
- Practical presentation of the most important test procedures for paper & cardboard: standard and special tests
- Test procedures are shown in real life
- Bring your own materials to the demonstration!
- Guided tour through the PTS technical center
Information & registration:
- Date: Monday, November 9th. until Thursday, November 12th, 2020
- Venue: Paper Technology Foundation, Heidenau near Dresden§ Event execution: hygiene, distance & limited number of participants
- Registration & prices: here
Paper is a comparatively sustainable material based on renewable resources. Nevertheless, there is a need for change in order to successfully transform the energy-intensive paper industry into a low-carbon bio-economy.
Our highlight program with selected presentations and speakers from industry, business & science can be downloaded here.
Information on registration:
- Date: Tuesday 06.10. to Wednesday 07.10.2020
- Venue: TSW Radebeul/Dresden, Germany
- Early booking discount: Secure your early booking discount until 06.09.2020 and save 5% of the list price.
- Founder discount: If your company is a member of a PTS Founders’ Association, you will receive a 10 % discount regardless of the booking date.
Become part of this event for the exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of bio-based solutions in paper production and processing.
Graphic papers, packaging papers, hygiene papers and special papers are the relevant main types of paper that we use every day and which all go through a fundamentally similar manufacturing process.
“What raw materials are used for paper production?”, “How does a paper machine work?”, “How is waste paper integrated in the production process?” and “How is cellulose surface-coated paper?”, these questions and many more will be answered in the seminar “Introduction to paper production” from October 19 to October 23, 2020 in Dresden.
The four-day seminar is divided into 4 topic modules to give a holistic overview:
Specialists who have now become part of the paper producing or converting industry, those interested in the subject of “paper” and experts from the “paper supply chain” get a compact and detailed overview of the entire process of paper production!
High and complex national and international demands are made on packaging materials produced from paper and cardboard. Packaging materials must be both sustainable and recyclable and must comply with food regulations. The PTS Workshop Combination Recyclability and Food Contact Issues for paper based packaging materials offers an ideal introduction to be prepared for these diverse challenges in daily practice.
Do not miss one of the combination dates in autumn 2020:
- 01.09. to 02.09.: Recyclability of paper and board based packaging
- 03.09.: Introduction to compliance work and quality assurance for paper and board in contact with food (FCM
- 13.10. to 14.10.: Recyclability of paper and board based packaging
- 15.10.: Introduction to compliance work and quality assurance for paper and board in contact with food (FCM)
Online Workshops – structure & information:
- Interactive online format: With a limited number of participants we increase the quality of the event and ensure the exchange with the participants.
- Exercises: Practical exercises will deepen your knowledge.
- Consultation: The participation fee includes an individual consultation where the exercises and individual questions or problems can be addressed.
- Workshop language: English
- Software: MS Teams
- PTS Stifter Advantage: As a member company of one of the PTS Stifterverband you receive a 10% discount on the list price.
Information on registration and fees can be found here.
Due to the ongoing restrictions for event participants and organizers, we have decided to hold the planned PTS Corrugated Board Symposium 2020 on November 25 and 26, 2020 as an online conference.
This provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experience in the manufacture and processing of corrugated board for packaging, construction and special applications. The participants are comprehensively informed about the state of the art and innovations in all industries, future trends and market policy aspects are shown.
The use of corrugated cardboard as a versatile material for different applications and products is increasing every year. You can look forward to the following topics and lectures:
- Trends and developments
- Product processes
- Design for recycling
We look forward to your submission & participation!
Knowledge of adhesive systems and their specific properties bring the often decisive added value for efficient production and process design, avoiding complaints and quality assurance measures. The course on June 17 and 18, 2020 in Heidenau (Paper Technology Foundation, Heidenau) provides theoretical foundations on materials and how adhesives work. The most important adhesive systems and their specific properties are presented. It also involves the detection of problematic adhesive surfaces, typical errors in the adhesive process and taking the right measures to ensure quality. Current adhesive research and the increasing replacement of crude oil-based substances with organic raw materials are also an issue.
Experts from practice and science report on the following content:
- Gluing – Theories & Conclusions for Practice
- Surface tension – term & measurement method for laboratory & field
- Preparation of adhesive surfaces with corona, plasma & flame – modes of action & recommendations for use
- Dispersion adhesives – production, mode of action, development trends, selection criteria
- Hotmelt adhesives – production, mode of action, development trends, selection criteria
- Adhesive application techniques – almost anything is possible
- Quality assurance in bonding processes
Information on registration, fees and program can be found at: www.ptspaper.de
At the next Innovation Day in Berlin on June 18, 2020, more than 300 companies, research institutions and cooperation networks from all over Germany will be presenting new products, processes and services from a wide range of technology areas and industries, the development of which was supported by the BMWi’s open-technology innovation funding.
In addition, a number of highlights are planned: A comprehensive range of information is to provide information on the redesign of the funding conditions in the Central Innovation Program for SMEs (ZIM), a varied stage and lecture program will address cutting-edge innovation topics and the “International Area” will broaden your view beyond national borders, in particular to our neighboring country France.
What awaits you:
- thematic speed pitch sessions
- Information on national and international innovation funding
- guided tours
- statements on innovation policy
- Lectures on SME topics
- More program details at: Innovationstag 2020
RESSOURCETEX is an exhibitor at the 27th Innovation Day and friendly invites its network partners to be there. If you are interested, please send an email to Mr. Mirko Jacob: firstname.lastname@example.org